Nick is the Managing Director of a company and employs a mixture of permanent and contract staff, typically about 45 people. There is an old stakeholder scheme in place which two of the office employees contribute to and a separate personal pension for the two majority shareholders.
Nicholson’s main concerns were:
- Being Auto Enrolment compliant
- How a large take-up rate would affect their profitability
What we did for Nicholson’s:
- Working with the Finance Director we reviewed their personal pensions and stakeholder arrangement
- Considered the level of the company’s payroll and the increased cost of Auto Enrolment (AE) for the next four years’
- Put in place a scheme that meant the company met AE requirements and explained the changes to the staff
Benefits for Nicholson’s:
They know the cost of implementing AE or the next four years.
Since the changes to the pension scheme there is a greater sense of company loyalty and the retention rate has increased.